World-Wide Meeting Information
April 15, 2010
Al-Anon and Alateen Family Groups
Guidelines for Al-Anon and Alateen Intergroup
as amended on June 19, 2003
objective of the Al-Anon and Alateen Intergroup of Ventura County web site,
alanonventura.org, is to provide members of Al-Anon and Alateen Family Groups
who live in or near
1. A current
directory of regular Al-Anon and Alateen meetings in
2. A current calendar of Local, District, and Area service meetings and events.
3. Information on other
4. Other Al-Anon and Alateen related information that might be useful.
A secondary objective is in line with our primary Purpose as stated in Step 12 and Tradition 5 to provide hope, help, and comfort for families and friends of alcoholics.
The Al-Anon and Alateen Family Groups of Ventura County through their participation in the Ventura County Intergroup own the domain name alanonventura.org and are the final authority on its use and content. The Web site files are located on server space and are paid for by the Ventura County Intergroup. (Tradition 7)
Problems associated with alanonventura.org, shall be resolved by the Web Site Coordinator, the Intergroup Service Board, a majority vote of the Intergroup or an Ad Hoc Web Site Committee (which can be formed at any time at the request of the Intergroup).
Web Site Coordinator
The Web Site Coordinator is a member of the Ventura County Intergroup Service Board serving a two-year term, elected in October of even years. (Tradition 9)
The Web Site
coordinator is responsible for the following:
1. Maintain the web site, updating and incorporating meeting changes, special events, the calendar, and the newsletter. (See additional guidelines below)
2. Regular reports to the Service Board and Intergroup regarding Web Site activity.
3. Responds to email addressed to email@example.com. Questions about response will be brought to the Web Site Committee or the Service Board committee for group assistance in response.
4. Acts as a liaison between web host and the Intergroup.
5. Makes sure the web site hosting fees, and annual domain name registration is current, and communicates with the Treasurer for payment for those services.
6. Reports any criticisms and resolution of the criticism at the next Service Board and/or Intergroup meeting.
7. Acts as chairperson for any regular Web Site Committee that is formed.
Web Site Continuity
The Web Site Coordinator shall provide the Service Board with the addresses and passwords required for access to the alanonventura.org server files and the domain redirection service, if any. In addition, the Web Site Coordinator shall attempt to enlist a competent backup Web site assistant who will also be given the same addresses and passwords.
As well as following the contents listed in the Objectives above, there will be no advertisements or commercial affiliations on the web site. Large image files will be avoided, in an effort to limit download time. Obscure and difficult to read fonts and backgrounds will be avoided. The slogan “Keep it Simple” is suggested.
1. Al-Anon and Alateen
World Service Office web site may be linked to this web site.
2. Links to other California South and California North Al-Anon Intergroup, Area or District web sites may be made.
3. Links to
4. Links to local AA service-structure web sites and conventions may be made with the qualification under the auspices of co-operation. A link to the AA General Service Office may be maintained under the auspices of co-operation and Tradition 6.
5. Links may not be made to individual or non Al-Anon or Alateen or AA service structure web sites.
6. Links to on-line Intergroups of AA (OIAA) and Al-Anon (OLA-IS) may be made without qualification even though these have not been official approved by either AA or Al-Anon.
The Web Site Coordinator is authorized to exercise their judgment in providing links to other web sites in accordance with these guidelines. This judgment may be over-ridden and links may be added or deleted by a simple majority vote at a Service Board or Intergroup meeting.
Last names of
members will not be used on the web site. Non-personal E-mail addresses will be
the primary means of directing communication (for instance, to obtain information
about a special event, a person may email the web site coordinator who has
permission to give more information).
The personal telephone number or e-mail addresses of a member may be
shown only with the explicit documented (written or e-mail) permission of the
member. Any page that includes such
personal information must include a conspicuous disclaimer: “Contact
information is confidential and to be used for Al-Anon related purposes only.” When requesting such permission, the web site
coordinator should advise the member that risks are involved: they should only
consent if they are prepared to handle the impact of “spam” and
viruses. The Intergroup newsletter,
meeting schedules and flyers for events will be edited to remove last names and
phone numbers of members, except where such permission is given. Forms for 7th
tradition donations and group registration may include mailing addresses for
donations and registering in Southern California Area. (Tradition 11)